segunda-feira, 11 de novembro de 2013

Tom Sawyer Quotes By Esther Lombardi



Tom Sawyer Quotes
By Esther Lombardi

Tom Sawyer is a young boy in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, a book wrote by Mark Twain. He's the hero (an impish trickster kid, who hangs out with his good friend, Huckleberry Finn--who also happens to be a homeless and abused runaway). Here are lines from and about Tom Sawyer.
Tom Sawyer Quotes
  • Aunt Polly talks about Tom: "Spare the rod and spile the child, as the good book says. I'm a-laying up sin and suffering for us both, I know. He's full of the old scratch, but laws-a-me! He's my own dead sister's boy, poor thing, and I ain't got the heart to lash him somehow. Every time I let him off my conscience does hurt me so; and every time I hit him my old heart most breaks."
    - Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

  • Tom thinks: "He was not the Model Boy of the village. He knew the model boy very well though--and loathed him."
            - Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

 
  • About Tom and Joe Harper: "They said they would rather be outlaws a year in Sherwood Forest than President of the United States forever."
    - Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

  • Tom talks about pirates: "Oh, they just have a bully time - take ships, and burn them, and get the money and bury it in awful places in their island where there's ghosts and things to watch, it, and kill everybody in the ships - make 'em walk a plank. they don't kill the women - they're too noble. And the women's always beautiful, too." - Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

http://classiclit.about.com/od/sawyertom/a/Tom-Sawyer-Quotes.htm?nl=1

Nenhum comentário: