The Bottom Line
- Rice writes with a strong attention to detail.
- The two stories told in retrospect (Toby's and Fluria's) are haunting and moving.
- There's potential here...
- ...but Rice needs a new storytelling approach to make this read as dynamic and mysterious as needed.
- There's not enough menace or action to warrant an angel needing an assassin for the mission.
- Rice should have studied a real thriller's pacing & dialogue to make this thriller crackle.
- 'Angel Time' by Anne Rice was published in October 2009.
- Publisher: Knopf
- 268 pages